NFGFC JULY TOURNAMENT CHANGES!!!!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bcastleb

Re: NFGFC JULY TOURNAMENT CHANGES!!!!

Post by bcastleb »

Has anyone checked with the Carrabelle Police Dept. to see if we can use their parking lot? :-D :lol:
B.Castleberry
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

I have made some calls today and here is the proposal, we will reinstate the launch boundaries of Ocklocknee River to the Carrabelle River and have the weigh in at Woolley Park in Panacea at 4:30PM EST, this way we do not cut into any ones fishing time and to give you EVERYONE plenty of driving time......
This should satisfy every ones issues of keeping the boundaries and just changing the weigh in site...........

REMINDER: Make sure you allow yourself PLENTY of time as there will be many boats/people out on the water. We have gotten information from the locals that there are Tarpon guides and and snapper fisherman galore, along with it being 2nd weekend of scallop season, so parking and maneuvering around will most likely be a PIA.

WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY EXCUSE AS TO WHY YOU MAY BE LATE!!!! Check your clocks/watches, set a timer etc

1-5 MINS LATE AND YOU WILL LOSE 25% OF YOUR TOTAL WEIGHT
5-15 MINS LATE AND YOU WILL LOSE 50% OF YOUR TOTAL WEIGHT

15+MINS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE NO WEIGHT CREDIT

Pass the word along and it will be reiterated at the meeting on July 6th. Hope this pleases everyone and good luck!
Last edited by NFGFC on June 27th, 2017, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

salute3
savvy

Post by savvy »

I'm probably not qualified to comment on this since I've only fished this tournament a few times over the past years, but I do wonder why you guys wait until July to have a Lanark/Carrabelle tournament. I fish that area when I get a chance to go, and the fishing really turns on there by early April. It can be good this time of year too, but more often than not the Summer rains have a lot of tannic river water pushed out into the bay making the fishing tough like it is right now.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

savvy wrote:I'm probably not qualified to comment on this since I've only fished this tournament a few times over the past years, but I do wonder why you guys wait until July to have a Lanark/Carrabelle tournament. I fish that area when I get a chance to go, and the fishing really turns on there by early April. It can be good this time of year too, but more often than not the Summer rains have a lot of tannic river water pushed out into the bay making the fishing tough like it is right now.
One thing for sure it will be the same for everyone.