NFGFC JULY TOURNAMENT CHANGES!!!!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TroutTrent

Re: NFGFC JULY TOURNAMENT CHANGES!!!!

Post by TroutTrent »

Come on guys make the right change we fish the Carrabelle Lanark boundaries have the weighing where you want let's go make a decision :roll:
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

TroutTrent wrote:Come on guys make the right change we fish the Carrabelle Lanark boundaries have the weighing where you want let's go make a decision :roll:

You have basically the same tournament next month with weigh in at Carrabelle with the boundaries being Lanark to East Point and it's also a slot tournament ......everyone is welcome to fish where they want and we even gave you another hour to fish to make up for any additional drive time..... I don't understand what the big deal is guys.....other than the guys who are complaining have been prefishing that area hard and are upset over that. This is not a last minute change and we gave you guys a little over two weeks notice...... plenty of time to find fish in other places.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hollywood wrote:
TroutTrent wrote:Come on guys make the right change we fish the Carrabelle Lanark boundaries have the weighing where you want let's go make a decision :roll:

You have basically the same tournament next month with weigh in at Carrabelle with the boundaries being Lanark to East Point and it's also a slot tournament ......everyone is welcome to fish where they want and we even gave you another hour to fish to make up for any additional drive time..... I don't understand what the big deal is guys.....other than the guys who are complaining have been prefishing that area hard and are upset over that. This is not a last minute change and we gave you guys a little over two weeks notice...... plenty of time to find fish in other places.
I have to agree with Jeff, everyone needs to fish the boundaries that were set to begin with. what this sounds like to me is there are a couple of folks that can't fish or do not like to fish Lanark / Carrabelle, you can't use the excuse of pre fishing. No one could have been pre fishing the last couple weeks with all the weather that just went through. There are plenty of places to launch over there. There are plenty of places to weigh in over there. I've said enough, if I am out of line for voicing my opinion let me know. By the way there is no need to pre fish three weeks out for a tournament so that is not an excuse.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Gulf Coast wrote:That's total BS but OK....What does snapper season have to do with a trout tourney ? I would at least use use the scallop season over snapper :roll: .....stick with what you have guys !!! I'm prefishing based off Lanark and now ypu change the rules ??? WTH ???? Delete this post and go with Lanark !!!!

According to this post someone has been prefishing there , No one is out of line for voicing their openion as long as you are respectful, openions are welcome.
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Chris let me start off and say y'all have done a wonderful job this year :thumbup: now I haven't got to pre-fish Carrabelle area yet and to be quite honest I don't need to :wink: I have a few places that I like to fish if the fish aren't there then I get my butt whipped but we have a Tournament Trail destination every year and this is one of them we don't need to change that if we're going to do that let's make the rest of the tournaments out of Jerry's Bait and Tackle with the way in at 4:30 that way I can make arrangements to fish st.joe the rest of the year and I personally don't think it would be fair for the rest of the teams if I got to do that it would be lights out :beer:
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

TroutTrent wrote:Chris let me start off and say y'all have done a wonderful job this year :thumbup: now I haven't got to pre-fish Carrabelle area yet and to be quite honest I don't need to :wink: I have a few places that I like to fish if the fish aren't there then I get my butt whipped but we have a Tournament Trail destination every year and this is one of them we don't need to change that if we're going to do that let's make the rest of the tournaments out of Jerry's Bait and Tackle with the way in at 4:30 that way I can make arrangements to fish st.joe the rest of the year and I personally don't think it would be fair for the rest of the teams if I got to do that it would be lights out :beer:
:thumbup: :beer:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

c'mon Chris, prefishing 3 weeks out?? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure they'll be in the same places.

Has anyone seen the lanark or Carrabelle ramps because of just snapper season? Well add scallop boat and trailer traffic at the market. There is no way we could have the weigh in there. Also, Gary said there are plenty of places to hold weigh in in Lanark. I called Bill who lives there and he could not think of a place. So if you know of somewhere for everyone to park their trucks and boats, please advise. This wasn't something we just made up. We called around to make other accommodations and worked on keeping it that way. We also had to make a quick decision so that everyone would have plenty of time to make any changes to their plans. The only one I really feel bad for is JT if he really has reservations over there. It's still only a 45 minute drive. Only other suggestion is if there is somewhere closer to Ochlockonee for weigh in. Either way its on the way home for almost, if not all of us. I'm ok with having the boundaries the same and still having the weigh in else where. In the end we were trying to avoid having a complicated weigh in with no where to park.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Yep, pre-fished yesterday....2 weeks out :smt004 Gary and I will fish where ever....Scallop season opens from Econfina around the coast so I would think all ramps will be full. The reason given to change the boundries for this tourney to me just seems lame
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

We will take everyone's opinions into consideration
Last edited by NFGFC on June 25th, 2017, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

milto wrote: The only one I really feel bad for is JT if he really has reservations over there.
How bad do you feel?
I really do have reservations there for the July and the August tournament.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

It isn't the ramps being the issue, its having the weigh in at the ramp. Like you guys said, every ramp is going to be busy. Its trying to accommodate everyone to be able to park etc, and conduct the weigh in. Oh and I forgot to give you one of these :smt064 Chris.

ok JT i feel a little bad :roll:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

NFGFC wrote:We will take everyone's openions int consideration
its opInions. Those squiggly red lines under the word usually means you spelled it wrong. :beer: :beer:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I may have a weigh in location at Lanark.
I have a call in to someone who can accommodate our group.
Will let you know as soon as I get a reply.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

milto wrote:
NFGFC wrote:We will take everyone's openions int consideration

Sorry....auto correct didn't catch that I guess
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

I just called the IGA in Carrabelle and got permission from the store manager to hold weigh in in their parking lot. I told them approx. one hr. time , and no trash on the ground. He said it would be fine. Hope this helps.