After Market Boat Decals

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

After Market Boat Decals

Post by randymullaly »

Ok, I really need to dig deep in the pool of knowledge on this one!. Just bought a 2005 Pro-Line 21 Sport. THe ribbon stripes on the side were faded so I took them off (yes, knowing that there would be a slight color deviation from where the stripes were originally). My question is does any body have any idea where I can buy the replacement ribbon stripes? Ive Googled this to death with no success. Grateful for any advice.
fishdux

Re: After Market Boat Decals

Post by fishdux »

West Marine has a large selection of boat striping tape if that is all your looking for.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

If you are not dead set on having the exact same pinstripes you can go to any vinyl graphics shop and they can print something to go on your boat that can cover the discoloration and come pretty close the the original. I have a buddy I went to high school with that did the graphics for my boat and he knows a lot of people that do it in the area. Not sure where you are from but dm me if you are interested and I can probably put you in touch with someone.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

A friend of mine Sydney, owns and operates Capital City Wraps (850) 321-7366 . Give her a call, she can make or create what ever you want.

Travis
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

The stripe you are talking about is called a boot stripe, try searching that term. Also try GREAT LAKES SKIPPER they have a large selection of boat striping. Not sure what you need, I have a partial roll (29Ft)that is burgundy, silver and teal 2 3/4" wide. I used this on my boat but I took the smaller middle stripe (silver) off before I rubbed it down to set the adhesive.
Attachments
DSC_4934.JPG
Last edited by SCALAWAG on July 21st, 2017, 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Pro-Line is back in business again under new owners in NC. Here's the link: https://prolineboats.com

You could contact them to see if they have any in stock, but as others have suggested a local graphics shop can do the same thing to save on shipping. West Marine also carries an after-market version: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/seafit-- ... 32_002_002

Be sure to clean the fiberglass with acetone before applying the new boot stripe for a solid stick.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat