St. Marks reef

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Boudreux

St. Marks reef

Post by Boudreux »

How far from the old fort or the lighthouse is the st. Marks reef?
Srbenda

Re: St. Marks reef

Post by Srbenda »

From the bird rack, it's 2.8 miles, so add another 2 miles at least from the lighthouse area, depending on your route.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

Awesome, thanks. I’ve found some coordinates online but it was hard to tell the distance.
geofish

Post by geofish »

If you go to Navionics on the web and click on chart viewer there's a thing that measures distance between any two spots on the chart. Most of the public reef #s are marked as well. On the water I use their app, and prefer it over my old dedicated GPS unit
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

I’ll check that out. Thanks
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

geofish wrote:If you go to Navionics on the web and click on chart viewer there's a thing that measures distance between any two spots on the chart. Most of the public reef #s are marked as well. On the water I use their app, and prefer it over my old dedicated GPS unit
And that is exactly what I used sitting here to measure the distance- it's a great app.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

I just checked it out, very cool. Looks like about 5.3 miles from the lighthouse. Thanks for the help