Offshore May 26

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Offshore May 26

Post by Srbenda »

With a beautiful looking weather forecast, I was excited about a good day for offshore fishing, we spent some time trying to catch some pinfish, and then we headed offshore.
The waves were a bit larger than I expected, especially given the very light winds, so we opted to stay in a little closer than originally planned.

Got onto some live bottom and drifted with cut bait and live bait. Being in about 30' of water, we brought in quite a few pink mouth grunts and many, many undersize black sea bass. Nothing hit the bigger baits at all.

We trolled for awhile, and missed two hits on bait strips with a duster, but nothing on the other 3 baits in our spread.

On the way back in, we finally got into a school of spanish mackeral, and boated 3 of them, all good size fish. Oddly, one was landed on a popping cork with a DOA shrimp, because that was what we had to throw at them.

Lots of boats on the water, and probably many more on Monday. FWC was also patrolling the St Marks, and I'm sure they had their fare share of safety citations to issue.
All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Offshore May 26

Post by silverking »

Nice day. The boats were still pouring south when I came back from St. Marks at lunch time. Sweated off 10 pounds working on a trim tab issue.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

The kids enjoying some of the Shoals...

A water shot of the Dorado

All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice shots. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat