Ochlockonee River State Park out to open water?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

StMarksAngler

Ochlockonee River State Park out to open water?

Post by StMarksAngler »

Going to be camping with some friends at Ochlockonee River State Park, thinking about bringing my 20fter down. What's the river navigation situation like getting from there out to Mashes Sands? I presume the ramp at the park is more than adequate?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Ochlockonee River State Park out to open water?

Post by MudDucker »

Ramp is a good one. You have to be careful navigating where the river opens into the bay, but once you are in the channel, then no problems. You know there is ramp as Mashes Sands right?
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

If you have a chartplotter or navionics its really easy. I used to bring my big trawler up there from surf rd. The northern part of the bay isnt marked very well and will be the only spot you gotta watch out for. The river itself is deep all the way.

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@1 ... %7DuDfocbO
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Cool thanks for the info guys. I launch at Mashes Sands all the time, very familiar with navigating from there out, just never been up river past the bay bridge. Figure we'll just launch from the campsite since we're there already and mess around in the river. Probably won't be doing much fishing this trip.