Another great power pole customer service thread

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Another great power pole customer service thread

Post by Salty Gator »

I know this has been done to death, but for anyone that hasn’t heard about their excellent customer service here goes... my power pole is a few years old ( replaced a 10+ year old original). And it started acting up. I had a mechanic look at it and he said he thought it was the board. I called power pole yesterday about 4:30. I talked to an actual person, gave him my serial number and told him the mechanic though it was the board. He had my address and asked if it was where I wanted the new one sent. He said to send the old one back. The $258 dollar part ( no charge) was at my office before I got to work this morning. It was at me door somewhere about 15 hours after I hung up the phone. They say they are committed to getting you back out on the water faster and they really seem to try. If Jl marine comes out with a gps trolling motor , I’ll say goodbye to my minn kota. :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Another great power pole customer service thread

Post by silverking »

I can't recall ever hearing a complaint about Power-Pole/JL Marine's customer service. The company is truly the gold standard in the marine industry. It's too bad others don't follow their example as it's great for new and repeat business! :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

That's great SG. What happened to the original? Mine is going on 14 years old now and only a few months ago they replaced the pins and bushings free of charge. By far the best customer service I've ever dealt with. :thumbup:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

They sent me the parts to fix my 8' Pro that I backed into a light pole (don't ask) for free. Over $150 in parts at no charge overnight. They are amazing.

And......I will say without question that the only reason I caught the CCA Star tagged red was because my Dad and I had pooled our cash and bought a Power Pole for my trusty old Sea Pro bay boat. I was fishing a shoreline using the trolling motor. I hit the PP when I hooked a small red. After fighting and releasing that fish I made a few more cast from the same spot and bam, tagged red. Without the PP I would have continued to drift while fighting the first red and still be fishing out of an old boat.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:That's great SG. What happened to the original? Mine is going on 14 years old now and only a few months ago they replaced the pins and bushings free of charge. By far the best customer service I've ever dealt with. :thumbup:
The aluminum frame cracked on the arm on the bottom, so the pin kept breaking. I replaced the pins 2-3 times ( I just paid for the kits, they probably would have given them to me)... on the new pro series it came with a better pump, bigger pins and fixed the flaw in the original. And I went from the original 6’ to an 8’. The new c monster system, you can put switches anywhere without having to wire them. They use a small watch type battery. So upper and lower station
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
craSSh

Post by craSSh »

Among the best customer service in the industry. I’ve totally rebuilt my Power Pole with free replacement part from them... I’m not even the original owner.