Sundolphin Excursion 12ss Fishing kayak for $250

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Sundolphin Excursion 12ss Fishing kayak for $250

Post by GaryDroze »

https://sundolphin.com/excursion-12-ss/

They are $549 new. This has some scratches on the bottom, but otherwise perfect.

47lbs, so easy to cartop. 3 rod holders.
luckywsp

Re: Sundolphin Excursion 12ss Fishing kayak for $250

Post by luckywsp »

Just curious Gary. Do you prefer sit in or sit on top kayaks and why. I greatly prefer the sit on tops. Just feel safer but I feel like when you post yours they tend to be sit ins. Tight lines
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: Sundolphin Excursion 12ss Fishing kayak for $250

Post by GaryDroze »

Great question! For me, it is analogous to braid versus mono. Each is superior in certain settings. I prefer SOT when I expect to be hopping out of the boat a lot, which is usually negative low tide and/or when I expect to portage across the salt marsh. For me, sit insides are for when I plan to fish through a full tide cycle, which means I will be close to either side of a high tide. That means lots of paddling, which is easier with the sit insides I buy.

FYI, here's the scoop on this great plastic boat I'm selling:

Lost a kayak in the last storm surge, so I went shopping for cheap flotation. Play it Again Sports had this one for $350. Nobody bought it after 2 weeks, so they marked it down to $260. I have a teacher 10% discount, so even with tax it came to $250 even for me. Then I found the kayak I lost! So I am selling it at my cost, or keeping it if nobody jumps on it in next three weeks. I may break it in at the NFGFC Econfina tournament, as my favorite Econ creek is paddle distance from the boat launch.