Personal fishing report 5 May 2022

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

deer30084

Personal fishing report 5 May 2022

Post by deer30084 »

First, let me say I'd like to see more fishing reports here. Wife and I went fishing at the oyster bars of the St Marks River, in the bay an on the flats yesterday. Windy, about 8-11 mph. Learned my lesson there. Only caught 2 maybe 6 inch trout and a blowfish (puffer). Water was kinda choppy. Used the typical lures and gulp on the bottom and a popn' cork.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Personal fishing report 5 May 2022

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

deer30084 wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:15 am First, let me say I'd like to see more fishing reports here. Wife and I went fishing at the oyster bars of the St Marks River, in the bay an on the flats yesterday. Windy, about 8-11 mph. Learned my lesson there. Only caught 2 maybe 6 inch trout and a blowfish (puffer). Water was kinda choppy. Used the typical lures and gulp on the bottom and a popn' cork.
Thanks for posting. I'm with you on wanting to see more repost on here. :-D Hope you sent that puffer to Davy Jones locker. Hate those things.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Personal fishing report 5 May 2022

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I agree even if the trip wasn't that successful still do a report, I learned a lot when I first started fishing the salt from the reports.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk