February bass locations

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

February bass locations

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Happy New Year! Looking for a bass charter recommendation.

I don't do much bass fishing, but I need to line up a charter for the middle of February. have a work meeting in Orlando, and ne of our top sales guys recently sold his house on Lake Champlain, moved to Naples, but has has never caught a largemouth over 5#s. I feel like that should be easily reconciled.

Toho, Istokpoga and Lake O are all viable. Is there a preferred location to target big bass? Preferred guide?

Thanks in advance!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: February bass locations

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I have zero experience with guided bass fishing in FL but it might be worth a shot to see if Jim Keith with saltwater assassin would do a charter since he loves to bass fish, I think he fishes the Harris chain of lakes.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I have heard recently that there is an area that just opened near the "Stick Marsh" and "Farm 13" that is producing large numbers of over 5# Largemouths.
I wish I had more specific information, but this might give you a starting point.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Showman!
Asked my buddy Zach Thrasher, you met him yrs ago, fished a few club tourneys (boat trashcan, thrasher lures); lives in Orlando and he recommended Capt Tony Summers, +1-321-363-6550
FloridaFishGuide.com.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

fishinfool wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 8:59 am I have heard recently that there is an area that just opened near the "Stick Marsh" and "Farm 13" that is producing large numbers of over 5# Largemouths.
I wish I had more specific information, but this might give you a starting point.
Fellsmere maybe?
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Danibeth wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 4:46 pm
fishinfool wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 8:59 am I have heard recently that there is an area that just opened near the "Stick Marsh" and "Farm 13" that is producing large numbers of over 5# Largemouths.
Fellsmere maybe?
Nope not Fellsmere, I think it might have been Kenansville Reservoir.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks guys! Nothing booked yet. Appreciate any other thoughts.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Bjpfla

Post by Bjpfla »

I would second Farm 13/Stick Marsh. Also right next to it is Headwaters Lake, a newer area with lots of large bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Headwaters Lake, that's it. I'm glad someone chimed in, it has been driving me nuts trying to remember the name.