Bald Point

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jepjones

Post by jepjones »

Wade fished the oyster bars off of bald point yesterday. I got there just before high tide and fished the slack to outgoing untill about 7:30. Live shrimp under a cajun thunder were gettig me lots of ladyfish. Yeah they're fun to catch, but not worth cleaning, so I switched to the ever trusty Crocadile gold spoon. Got a red to hit which promptly let go once he got to my feet. I did catch a nice Flounder though
19" :eek: didn't know you could get em on spoons. While I was there some guys wading out to the grass did pretty well on Trout, and the way the action was going with birds and all I'd say there had to be some spanish in there too. I didn't have the tackle for spanish, and I still have trout in the freezer.... so I stuck to the bars hoping for red. The flounder was a nice surprise though... I guess if you have a hook in the water anything is possible.
Also, One gentleman fishing from shore caught a 18" red. I didn't see it, but heard him announce the size for the other fellows fishing from the dock.
It was a great day for it. And I was surprised to see so many people out there on a tuesday. Hurray for "personal holidays"!
I'm in hot plate heaven....
At the Green Hotel--FZ