St.MarksForFridayMackAttack

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wxguy

Post by wxguy »

Hey All, just a couple of q's here hoping to get some input for a trip in the morning.....first, has anyone ever tried trolling for spanish with spinner-baits? Seems like an ideal bait for them though I've never used them. ....second, has anyone caught a cobe on a "trolling lure" and if so what was it? I'll be trolling tomorrow for a few hours for spanish and I'm equipped with spoons and Mack trees already but hoping to drag a lure for any Cobia that might be around....tide is looking optimal in the morning as it is falling and I think I'll catch the Macks along the backs of bars and out in front of the Tripod, well it has worked in the past atleast.....THANKS for any feed-back and I should post some results!************Oh I see everybody reads'm but doesn't want to give it up for the weather guy eh? Well, I'm back from two hours of trolling when I should have run to the grouper ledges as it was slick slick slickidy slick...will post on the inshore reports

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wxguy on 2002-04-19 9:39 pm ]</font>
waitin

Post by waitin »

I have caught cobia and spanish trolling 1/2 ounce rattle traps in Charlotte Harbor. I am sure the spainish will hit anything that moves when the bite is on.
Good luck to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: waitin on 2002-05-06 3:49 pm ]</font>
Capt. Dave

Post by Capt. Dave »

I have caught two cobia over the years on a banana spoon. One while trolling and one casting. Neither were huge but one was 20lbs.