St. Marks Trip for 5/6/02

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

I am planning a trip out of St. Marks (lighthouse) on Monday, May 6. Thought I would take my wife. Any suggestions on strategy?? Would like to catch some trout and maybe a red or two. Probably launch around 8:00 am and fish until 2:00 pm or so.
Will probably just take the jon boat. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Seatrout99
ibfishn

Post by ibfishn »

Out of the lighthouse channel turn right and fish the bars around the mouth of the East river for reds and possibly a trout. After you catch your 2 reds, run east of the lighthouse and start fishing topwater(chug bug, pop-r, top dog, she dog) and try to locate the trout. Keep moving and trying different areas and different depths until you find the area they are in. Should be in water between 3-8 ft.

Where do you live in Bainbridge? I'm off Lake Douglas Road.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Me, too (almost). My dad lives between Climax-Attapulgus Road and Pine Forest Church. Moving there myself in a few weeks. Currently living just outside Cairo.

Seatrout99 (Chris Sapp)
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Me, too (almost). My dad lives between Climax-Attapulgus Road and Pine Forest Church. Moving there myself in a few weeks. Currently living just outside Cairo.

Seatrout99 (Chris Sapp)