Offshore report compliments of Top Notch Offshore Sportfishi

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captain tom
Site Sponsor

Post by captain tom »

Thursday, Friday and Sat. were awesome to say the least. The weather was good all 3 days with Friday being a little rough but we ran 17 miles out anyway due to the great ride on the White Lightning. On Thursday it was just my client and me and we ran 25 miles out and caught some really nice red snapper as well as a couple of great grouper. We finished the day on Amberjack catching many and seeing a couple that were BIG. My client decided to go back after the big one on Sat. and we caught about 40 amberjack but not the 40 plus pounder he wanted. Instead his 15 year old son landed a nice 55 pound cobia.
On Friday it was 4 of us and we had a great time with many many amberjack and several grouper rounding out the day with 2 nice kingfish. My client on Thursday and Sat wants me to fish also so now my arms are noodles from reeling in so many amberjack. We tried out his new Loomis fly rod and Billy Pate reel catching many amberjack after we figured out what fly they wanted. I was chumming so we finally cut all the feathers off the fly so it looked like the chum and the amberjack loved it. Match the hatch worked in this case. This week is a little rough but willbe back out there on Sat. hunting something big. Maybe a goliath grouper on the fly.....nah maybe not!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: captain tom on 2002-05-01 8:03 pm ]</font>
max kirkland
Elite Senior Member

Post by max kirkland »

you go boy! :wink: