Appalach 5-04-02

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Slow tides, but plenty of wind to make up for it. Lots of boats on the public numbers. Started out near the Appalach Reef, but soon had 4 boats trolling by within spitting distance. Picked up one gag there @ 28 inches. Moved south to a spot east of the C Tower, boxed a 32 incher there. Very few shorts. My guest kept a near limit of black snapper, could not find any red ones. Got distracted as a band of scurvy pirates approached the boat and I managed to snare my starboard prop. Power Pro is very difficult to extract in a rolling sea. Bait for the day was frozen threadfin herring and hard tails.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Bones:

Last time I went out I managed to run PP around my prop, too. Luckily, I could cut the line and gradually pull it off. Thought I would have to go in the water at first to clear it. Scary.

I lost an anchor too, not too long ago.

EJ
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Thanks EJ, I feel better. No one ever said this was a cheap hobby. :grin: