53 miles south of the cut

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

max kirkland
Elite Senior Member

Post by max kirkland »

FIRST OFF THERE ARE NO PICS,THANKS TOO THE CONVENIENCE STORE ON ST GEORGE THEY WANTED 18 BUCKS FOR 6 DOLLAR CAMERA!!
2:30 AM UP AND AT`UM!!

6:30 AM WE ARE OUT OF THE CUT AND HEADING SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST TO THE 40 BREAK AREA!{240 foot }

we wanted to find some 15 lb dolphine instead of a bunch of peanuts(mind ya!I no its still early for dolphine that size but we wanted to give it a shot anyway!)so we trolled for dolphine and wahoo with no luck at all!(in 185 feet)

SO WE OFF TOOK OFF BACK TO 125 FOOT OF WATER(30 MILES OUT)AND STARTED BOTTOM FISHING!

18-snapper 2 vermillion 1- mangrove(the biggest vermillions I have ever seen they were around 4 pounds) the rest were red snapper
3-red grouper
3-aj`s

OYEA! ONE OF THE RED SNAPPER WAS AROUND 18 POUNDS!

big schools of king were working all around us the whole time we were anchored up!we also had a 60 to 80lb cobia check us out several times

flat line action was weak at best had one king hit but was missed then a 5 to 6 foot black tip hit so I cut the line "SEE YA BUDDY"

AT 5 PM AND STILL HAD THIRTY MILES TO GET BACK TO THE CUT WE HEADED TO THE HILL!!

IP: L
Jere Firth

Post by Jere Firth »

Hay Max how big is your boat.....sounds like you had good luck bottom fishing that deep....you say you were out of the cut witch one.....I was thinking of doing some fishing out of Carrabell this year....50 miles is nothing from what I am a costum to doing........

Jere

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jere Firth on 2002-05-08 12:12 am ]</font>
max kirkland
Elite Senior Member

Post by max kirkland »

jere we were out bob sikes cut,the boat is a 27 foot fountain with twin 225`s