5/10 and 5/11 report from Capt. Tom/Top Notch Offshore Sport

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captain tom
Site Sponsor

Post by captain tom »

Friday was a beautiful day on the water. I was fishing with Kimi and Chris and we had a great time. We tried the AJ's at the k tower till we caught all we wanted then found some grouper along with the kings and spanish. Since we had a well full of pilchards we caught many kings and spanish and I felt I had found the place for the king tournament on Sat. The seas were flat to one foot all day.
Sat. was a different day. We had tons of bait including big blue runners, pinfish, pilchards, dead bait and plenty of chum. Went back to where I left off on Friday except I had 2 other people for the tournament. It was 3-5 if it was an inch and we fished hard most all day. The spanish and kings were still there and we caught plenty. Not any big kings but some very nice spanish. We also caught a beautiful 10 lb mahi mahi. The tournament was fun and we tied for first with a 6.7lb spanish. We also won a tie for first in the calcutta and also won third in the calcutta to make it worth it all. Just could not catch a big king. Not one bite on those big blue runners. We also caught plenty of sharks.
I got to meet Mr. Youmans of Omega Ga and his friend at the Capt. meeting on Friday. Sorry Jay I didnt catch the spanish on your lures. I have caught plenty of kings on your dusters-I like the pink ones!!
If any body doubts the ride in 3-5 ft. seas of a Contender then I am here to tell you it is great. Not one time did we get wet or pound and we ran 25-40 in those conditions all day. What a boat!!!!Till next time go fishing its good for youunless its 5ft!!!
Captain Tom Top Notch Offshore Sportfishing
Spear Bender

Post by Spear Bender »

Capt Tom:
You and your wife wouldnt happen to be the fellows that came up to Capt K and I in St Marks as we were talking to a friend on the 31 ft Contender 'Fish-around' (black and gold) This was atleast a month and a half to 2 months ago. maybe more

A man and woman came up and said they had ordered the same boat...sounds like it could be you?
-Mate 'Spear Bender'
Team Surface Interval