Inshore fishing at its best!!!!!!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MAJMPS4

Post by MAJMPS4 »

Being newly exposed to the sport, this style of fishing surpasses any type of freshwater fishing I have done. I was recently taken on a trip out of Keaton Beach for the first time in mid-April. The trout were really hitting hard the first two I caught were 22" and 24". Needless to say, I was in a dilemma. What was much more exciting, was watching my 11 year old daughter (Alexis) catch her first trout two weeks ago during the recent winds. It was her first time out. That picture of her catching the 22" brute was worth a million bucks. I only wish I had a picture to place it on the web. She has caught many speckled pearch in freshwater but watching her catch something of this magnitude was priceless. Inshore fishing has made freshwater fishing seem like hard work.
Yesterday, while fishing with a friend out of the Fenholloway area, the excitement continue. We were fishing for reds. Two were caught over 23". The first was so awesome. The Mirrolure "She Dog" was two feet from the fish when the fish first came out of the water and exploded on the lure. The fight was on. Later, another red just erupted through surface of the water and devoured the same lure.
I have learned two valuable lessons from fishing this spring. Take a friend and expose them to such a wonderful sport. But, most importantly, take your son or daughter so the favorite past time will continue. The quality time you get to spend with your children is a blessing in disguise.
My next adventure is an expedition under the moonlight. Six of us are going out tomorrow night out of Keaton Beach in three boats. Will post the details. Bass fishing at night is exciting, therefore, inshore fishing under the moonlight has to be undescribable. :grin:
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Your post is right on, the fishing is better than anything I've ever encountered since my childhood. I also have an 11 year old son, that will only now go fishing if it's saltwater,smart kid. Another great thrill was taking my 19 daughter home from college out. After being on the water for about 3 and 1/2 hours she told me her arms were too tired to pull in another fish. strong fish on light tackle is a blast.