Fenholloway/ Rock Island Area

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MAJMPS4

Post by MAJMPS4 »

Been fishing this area recently but have had little luck with the trout. Have caught some reds/ blues, and a few others. I will be taking a friend and his grandson out tomorrow, any suggestions on where to go? Need to start in the same area. I have never run south from the oyster racks near Rock Island. Looking for suggestions. :grin:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

MAJMPS4, I started out just east of the Econfina river Saturday..in close 100yds to about 3 miles out...caught two reds and one blind cross eyed lost trout..the further I went east the worse the bite got..though we did see trout out from Hickory Mound..they didn't want to eat....Tides were not in our favor either...I have had the best luck straight out the mouth of the river....Chalk
kmgoins

Fenholloway/Rock Island

Post by kmgoins »

)6/15/02 Sat. Starting fishing at app. 7:00a.m with a 6:45a.m high tide begin fishing at about 5ft of water no luck. Moved out to about 7ft to 10ft of water. Between 7a.m to 11am we caught 8 solid trout none over 20 though. We caught a 29in cobia and had big one bust my line. Low tide was around 11:45a.m and the trout shut off. We ended up with 9 keeper trout and several black bass. I noticed we had the best luck in the stained water while the clear didn't produce well. We fished with only grubs candycorn in the stained water and light colored grubs in the clear.