NFGFC Tournament results

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

NFGFC Tournament results

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Twenty one fisherpeople and one redfish weighed.
The team of Chris Deason Jeff Trent and guest Brian Espy took top honors with a 4.05 pound redfish. They also recieved bonus points for a jig caught mullet. Go figure.Steve and Butch Taylor recieved bonus points for a flounder.John Vickers and Jim Chalkey got bonus points for largemouth bass. Go figure again.
Many teams sat stranded on the bottom trying to reach thier secret redfish hole. Low low water and falling fast. The weather however was beautiful.The hotdogs and comraderie back at the ramp were great.
Unless I missed something a good time was had by all.
Next tournament March 12 Keaton Beach for TROUT-TROUT-TROUT. Hope to see everyone there and hopefully some new faces.
Gotta sign off now. Going fishing this pm.
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

I figure that was a good and welcome report! Thanks. :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Fish were caught, weather was great, I consider you guys lucky. Wish I coulda been there...gotta get to know more of you fellas. Congrats on a great day.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

WOW sounds like alot of folks had a downwright great time.....

Great job on the results :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

More fish woulda been nice, but good times with good people just can't be beat :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
wetjet

Post by wetjet »

ok here we go

here is a pic of deason and his redfish

:thumbup:

wetjet
wetjet

Post by wetjet »

here is a pic of the hot dog fest after the tourney and proof that team wetjet caught a fish and should get bonus points

:smt041 :smt041

wetjet
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

wetjet wrote:ok here we go

here is a pic of deason and his redfish
Are you kiddin'?!!! Give that man some bonus points! :thumbup: :thumbup:
CHRIS DEASON

Post by CHRIS DEASON »

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting everybody on Saturday and what a good time it was. I am new to the club and look forward to getting to know everyone better. This tournament that you guys have is a great way to get together and share tips for what is working. Looking at last years entries, it looks as if not alot of people had much of time for the tournaments. I have learned most everything I know about flats fishing from tournaments that I was probably the worst fisherman there. I just figured that it cost less to enter and ask questions about what worked than the cost of tackle it took to find out what didn't. I hope everyone in your club takes advantage of all of the information that each one of you have.
I had a absolute blast and I hope to see everyone next month. Thank you to everyone for making me and the other new people feel welcome.
P.S. I will be glad to let anyone pick my brain( I think I have one ) at any time concerning anything to do with fishing(where,when,what to use,etc...)
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Congrats on the win Chris.....I can't wait for Keaton, should be a blast, no doubt.... :thumbup:
CHRIS DEASON

Post by CHRIS DEASON »

I cant wait for Keaton either! I have never fished that far east so I will have to ask some of you guys were to go. I have been scalloping down there but where do you fish at?
wetjet

Post by wetjet »

Tom K has the secret spot

I am sure he will share it with you

NOTE: Pat McGriff is confirmed for this thursday night's meeting to give everyone pointers on fishing keaton area

wetjet
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Saw Chris at dinner Saturday evening, and he gave me a good report on where some fish were. He was on the money! Caught 5 reds.
I've known Chris a long time boys, he won't steer you wrong. And he's always good for a cold :beer: . :-D
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

CHRIS DEASON wrote:I cant wait for Keaton either! I have never fished that far east so I will have to ask some of you guys were to go. I have been scalloping down there but where do you fish at?
Tom Keels spot can be bought :-D :wink:

Some will say south towards Piney Island, some will say north towards Dekle Beach and towards Spring Warrior....Grass flats and pot holes south, it's more oyster (like Econfina/Aucilla) bars and rocky bottom the further you go past Dekle north.....I have not heard any reports so....It ought to be another good'n
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Welcome aboard, Chris. Ya done good Saturday.And, given the chance, I'll be the first to pick your brain. You're welcome to pick what's left of mine. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?