Middle Grounds on the Pressure Drop!

This area is for discussing all aspects of diving and spearfishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captain K
Dive Boards Moderator

Middle Grounds on the Pressure Drop!

Post by captain K »

Tom mentioned on an earlier post he wanted to make a Middle Grounds trip. I would enjoy having Tom, Wil and others for such a trip. Heres the deal:

Leave Friday mid afternoon or evening, fish the night mangrove bite then go to sleep.

Sat. Dive, Dive, Dive, Dive Most divers get 2 dives out of each tank, but we have plenty of air/nitrox. Average diver does 5-8 dive on this day in the grounds on 5-30' ledges.

Sun. Dive the SM1 tower then the Pirates lady, long lunch break as we move in closer. make one more dive at around 70-80' then head for the dock.

Whats included:
Fishing licenses, bait, rods & reels, tackle, all meals, snacks, drinks, Tanks (if you dive nitrox it is $ 20.00 extra per person for all fills). You also get 2 days limit of fish!!!

Basicly bring your dive gear & weights and jump aboard. The boat uses Pressed Steel LP80 tanks and they are included in your trip price.

THE COST:
The cost is $ 400.00 per person (with 6 folks). Our trip schedule is almost booked for April & May at this time so lets get something together. March still has openings.

-Capt. Kamen
http://www.scubadivecharters.com
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

I'd absolutely love to, but I won't be able to do it in March. All my weekends are already booked. (Keys this weekend and next, cave the rest.) May and June are looking good for me, and I could probably do a multi-day trip during the week even.

Wil
Speardivertampa

Post by Speardivertampa »

You guys will be amazed at the diving out in the middlegrounds!!! Both the structure and the quantities of huge fish!
-Chris
H & L Outfitters
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I wouldnt mind possibly following you out or meeting up with you somewhere out there. I know you don't need a buddy boat but I would feel safer with one. When are you planning to go?
captain K
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by captain K »

Wil that is why I asked if anyone wanted to go! No date yet just getting the group ready. temp on the grounds is still 68 bottom 70-72 on the top vis is unreal (you see the boat at 120') I don't have any dates left in April anyway for the grounds. Marck has a couple of days.
Speardivertampa

How about Grayson and his buddy Travis. I bet both of them would be up for a grounds trip. Grayson, Travis, Tom, Will, ? ,?. Lets get the ball rolling. No joke the middlegrounds in April are insane. Everything comes together...the big winter gags are still around, the big summer mangos are arriving, and the visability is amazing! A couple of my buddies in the grounds last weekend said the vis is already up to 50' and expect that to improve for april and the summer!

***Book in the next 15 minutes and recieve...at no additional charge...the instructional/stringer and anchor b*tch/personal fish gutting services of yours truly*** :-D

-Chris
H & L Outfitters
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

Speardivertampa wrote:No joke the middlegrounds in April are insane.
Let's do it! I don't have my calendar in front of me, but I think the only weekend that is spoken for is the 9th-10th. I'll post a follow-up after I can confirm that.
Speardivertampa wrote:***Book in the next 15 minutes and recieve...at no additional charge...the instructional/stringer and anchor b*tch/personal fish gutting services of yours truly*** :-D
Ok, so I'm a little late. Can I still call you my b*tch? :-D

Wil
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I don't want to go until after April 21st. That way when the 20 pound ARS swims up to say hello I don't have to cuss through my regulator.

I seriously want to go but money is a little tight right now and time is much tighter.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

captain K
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by captain K »

Time to make a solid decision!!!! I only have April 29, 30 & 1 open. All other weekends have been booked for the grounds. The April 29-1 weekend Snapper are in!

I will need to know A.S.A.P what the deal is.

-Capt. K
528-1926
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

captain K wrote:Time to make a solid decision!!!! I only have April 29, 30 & 1 open. All other weekends have been booked for the grounds. The April 29-1 weekend Snapper are in!

I will need to know A.S.A.P what the deal is.

-Capt. K
528-1926
I'm in! Put me down for a berth and nitrox fills. Am I too late to cash in on Chris' offer? :-D
groupa-man223

Post by groupa-man223 »

you wont be dissapointed with the middlegrounds! i dove with kamen in the grounds last month and we loaded up on the fish! its truly amazing to dive a 30 foot ledge. not to mention the 80+ foot vis. Maybe one of you guys can find the 30+ pound gag i left at the SM1 when he broke my freeshaft in half.
Speardivertampa

groupa-man223 wrote:you wont be dissapointed with the middlegrounds! i dove with kamen in the grounds last month and we loaded up on the fish! its truly amazing to dive a 30 foot ledge. not to mention the 80+ foot vis. Maybe one of you guys can find the 30+ pound gag i left at the SM1 when he broke my freeshaft in half.
We will avenge you Dan :D
H & L Outfitters