BBSC "Final Day"

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SoleSearcher

BBSC "Final Day"

Post by SoleSearcher »

"Final day"

Bright sunny skies and variable winds made for a near perfect day of flats fishing with my party of one. The Trout were a little slow to bite but were easy targets on top water plugs such as "Top Dog" and my favorite, the Storm "Big Bug." The largest Trout of the day was a nice 4 pounder which slammed a Top Dog.

Big Blues were scattered on the flats behind Dog Island along with a few Mackerel. Jigs really didn't produce with pin fish saturating the grass patches. Still and all, it was a fun day with plenty of top water action.

Overall, I had a successful weekend with happy customers and good fish catches. As far as the BBSC goes, I think my party from Friday may place with the big Trout. However, rumor has it that bigger fish weighed in today. I'll have to wait until tomorrow and see what's up.

Speaking of tomorrow, I will be introducing a new addition to my charter service. In addition to flat, bay and near shore fishing, we will be running offshore/deep water trips for up to 6 anglers on a 29" Sportcraft. Standard trips will include Grouper/mixed bottom fishing, Amberjack, Snapper, Cobia, and kite fishing for big Kings, Wahoo and Dolphin.

Until next time, Keep those tips up!

Capt. Bob Soderholm
Sole Searcher Charters
Carrabelle, FL
(850) 899-0455
Member, National Association of Charterboat Operators