St. George's Island/Cat point 3/13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

stevo

St. George's Island/Cat point 3/13

Post by stevo »

I got out of the house this weekend and did a little fishing. Saturday I went by the marine lab for about an hour aroun noon. I didn't catch anything, but I saw some large mullet and another guy pulled in an 18" trout, using shrimp, right when the tide turned.

Sunday I went to the old st george bridge. I got my lines out around noon, deployed some chum (a mix of old shrimp, frozen mackerel heads, cut up cigar minnows, and dog food), and started to catch whiting. Probably caught about a dozen little whiting, 6-8 inches, on live shirmp. I had some cut bait and some artificials out there, but the only thing going was the shrimp. I took one nice (14") whiting home and that was it. No pinfish, no cats, no trout, no reds, just whiting. I saw another guy catch a trout, he said it was 14" and he tossed it back.

I haven't been out there since early january, but I usually go several times a month. This was the first time I'd seen a FFW guy come and inspect my catch. Thats good, I hope they go more often.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

We had similar luck there 2 weeks ago. Got 3 small white trout and a cat. Some other people were catching whiting on whole dead shrimp on a bottom rig. Which side did you fish?
Yours in the South
stevo

Post by stevo »

I fish the eastpoint side usually. I was fishing around pillar 18. Not too far out, its such a long walk. One day I'll have that boat.
stevo

Post by stevo »

I fish the eastpoint side usually. I was fishing around pillar 18. Not too far out, its such a long walk. One day I'll have that boat.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

stevo wrote:One day I'll have that boat.
k-a-y-a-k :thumbup:
stevo

Post by stevo »

After reading the last issue of Shallow water angler and seeing those sweet kayaks, I'm saving up for one. I've had my eye on the tarpon 140...but I'm still looking.