Pic for Lit

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

Pic for Lit

Post by dbplug »

Lit, here is a link for you(and others) The first picture on the page got my heart rate going.

http://stripersurf.com/kayaks101.html
for petes sake
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Hey DB,
That Manhassett Harbor blitz pic was enough to elevate my blood pressure a bunch also! Thanks for the info.
Dick
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Oh yeah! Beautiful...
I assume those were blues or stripers.
Reminds me of the day I was in St Joe on March 24, 2002, driving with my 2 year old on her birthday. I was just sure the Spanish would be at the docks and I could take her down to the sea wall for some easy fun fishing.
Of course it's all about getting her hooked. :wink:
Nothing was happening. March 24 & where are the Spanish? Don't they know it's her birthday?
Oh well, on to the slides at the park by the city pier , but it's not quite the same as engaging a pack of frenzied teeth.
Pulling into the lot at the park I spied a bunch of birds working a ways out in the bay. Maybe...??!
I break out my 10x50 Nikons (always in the car, bird junkie I am) and there it is, the blitz. Now I have a delimma, I do have the kayak and her PFD, but it's just a little farther than I've ever carried her before. Then I look through the glasses again, "Hey Audrey, wanna go fishing?"
I set up the gear and get her settled right in front of me. Ready? YEAH!
Just a 100 yards out and she stands up and falls out. I snatch her back in as fast as she fell out. She's just laughing so we have a "DO NOT STAND UP!" talk and on we go.
It's flat and the I'm happy to see the froth has gotten closer. We paddle right in to it and she's yelling, "daddy, fish fish! (Sit down!) I have a two hook speck rig on and the first cast hooks two. They get to the boat and she's yelling, daddy, we got one! I release one and hold the other one in front of her. She's say's it's so pretty and I point out the teeth. Off it goes and time for more. She held the rod and tried to wind the handle, all the while laughing. Twenty or so fish later I'm certain she'll never forget her second birthday and the best bet is to catch her with the memory and paddle back.
She'll be 5 this week. Last night, getting ready for bed, I told her it was Easter this weekend. She said, "And it's my birthday too, can we go fishing?"
Sounded just like drag screaming... :D
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

TThat's a cool story. :D
Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Post by Second Chance »

Great story. When they grow up you realize how great moments like that really were :thumbup: