115 Yamaha

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pops
Site Sponsor

115 Yamaha

Post by pops »

My yamaha is very cold natured. Hard to crank first time, but after that it cranks fine. Any suggestions on this problem.
Thanks
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Do you tilt it up when trailering? When you get to the ramp do you tilt it down then prime the bulb?
Last edited by Tom Keels on September 21st, 2002, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

i may have been pumping the bulb before tilting down.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

There you go. Our 90 is the same way. You can pump it all you want before you tilt it down it will cough and sputter and quit, or either just be slow to start. If you tilt it first then pump it, you should get much better results.
Last edited by Tom Keels on June 21st, 2002, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

my uncle has the 130 offshore Yamaha it too is cold blooded.........I have found it doesen't matter if the motor is or down it is cold blooded.......what I have bin doing is push the choke in and out when it starts......by doing this it keeps the motor running and helps to warm up the motor......it does take some getting used to thoe my uncle hasen't got it all down yet but he is coming along.........LOL
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I've had several people comment their V-4 Yammies are cold natured. I wonder if it's just the nature of the beast?
What was I supposed to do today?
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I have a 200 mariner and it is very very cold natured. Same with a 150 Mercury I had prior to this one. It doesn't matter when,how,where, I pump the ball. I still have to crank it several times. After it starts and warms up, it maybe turns 3/4 of a turn and it fires up. Don't understand it.
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

I have the 150 Mercury it is a 94 model carberator 2.0 letter.....I have had this motor setting up to 6 months at a time........all I do is back the boat into the water I hit the push key to choke a few times then I turn the key as I am holding the inward.........fires up on the first twist of the key......then push the choke very fast while the motor is running after a few shots of choke it runs fine......I never have to run the throttle up unless I flood it........Of course I have to do the priming as well
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have a 2000 model 150 Yamaha. My starting routine is the same a Blue Dolphins for the first start only. After that, bump the key and the motor cranks right up.

- Steve Stinson