St George Bay 6-17-19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

St George Bay 6-17-19

Post by rx fisher »

Family Reunion at St. George, brought boat for the first time.
Lauched at the St. Park no problems.

Sister in law informed be i had to catch fish for the family, set out with the weather being cautionary at best, did'nt go far. With wife, brother in law and 13 year old nephew( first time in a boat). We caught half a cooler full of sail cats, tough to filet, but very good pull and eat. nephew will never fish in fresh water again.

There are several small oysterbar islands close by that bay, on bird island the farthest out and you can see the birds. My deepth gauge showed about 12 feet just 20 feet from the shore side of the roost. Looked like a deep nice channel for fish. We were using live shrimp and almost dead pin fish. Over about 40 minutes, about 4:30 on Tuesday we caught up with 4 tarpon,on the pin fish, even on a artifical pin fish. WOW. we faught each for 10 to 15 minutes before loosing them when they took to the air. What a rush... also a small trout and a flounder.

Next morning, last chance really wanted to go out, since we were docked at the bay we took a chance on the weather. Noaa said afternoon thunderstorms. Other boats in the area, 9 am, we were all stupid. got caught between a bad lighting storm and a water spout (tornado), lightning on all sides, ditched the boat at the landing and walked two miles back to the house, we all were VERY luck and stupid.

I hope all's well that ends well..