Your very own jet-powered yak!

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

Your very own jet-powered yak!

Post by Apalach »

OK guys, here it is: a genuine jet-powered yak. No pedals, no paddles, no fuss, no muss, no sweat, no strain, no fun (?)... And--only $3450 plus shipping!

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I clicked on this thread expecting to see an asian pack animal doing a Buck Rogers impression. :smt005
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Or maybe with a serious digestive problem?
eric

Post by eric »

I have been looking at these a long time, I have a buddy in Tampa that has ordered one. I'm going to go try it out this summer. I have read they don't do well on the flats because they keep getting stopped up with grass. I want one to fish the upper flint river here in GA.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Anything or product that uses the words "Proprietary Design" automatically scares me away. If something breaks, and your beyond the warranty period, there is no "after-market" replacement parts. You must crawl back to the original manufacturer to purchase replacements at top $$$$....

my .02 :roll:
Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Post by Second Chance »

Don't know anything about yaks but, I do have a jet outboard on a 16' G3. It's the only boat to have up here in N. GA. for fishing the Hooch and tailrace shoals. The few times I have had it on the flats around Carrabelle grass in the intake was an issue. You quicly learn to run in shallow on plane, shut down the motor immediately, use the trolling motor to fish, and then find a clean spot to get back up on plane before you run over the grass again. Don't know if this helps :roll:
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Yeah--these jet-yaks have been around for several years now, but you don't hear anything about them as flats-fishing machines. Probably the sea-grass fouling problem has eliminated them from consideration for much of the Florida Gulf.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Awesome. I just ordered one.
eric

Post by eric »

Have you got it yet?