Shell Point Ramp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redhead

Shell Point Ramp

Post by Redhead »

Well now that the fishing season is starting to get into gear- what is the status of the Shell Point Ramp? Last fall/winter it was open on weekends and $$ were being collected. My local resident friends have not been over to the marina area, so any information would be appreciated.
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

I believe that they have an honor box up for a $10 fee. However, I have not been down there in some time so maybe someone else can tell you for sure.
astewart

Shell Point Ramp

Post by astewart »

I was there last week, the honor box was up.

I went to the NWR and the ramp at the Lighthouse looked to be in decent shape, getting out into the Bay looked a little challenging, anyone have any experience with this area?
Channel 16 - Rainmaker
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Over 50 years experience. What do you want to know?
SneakyBooger

Post by SneakyBooger »

Honor box is up, $10 to launch.

I believe that after Memorial Day someone may be there to collect, but it seems they are only there intermittently.

Sometimes the girl from Wakulla Co. Rec. Dept. collects. Haven't got it figured out how she does that on County time... :-?
sharkboy
Site Sponsor

Post by sharkboy »

I like to launch there, but $10 is a bit steep.
I must fish.
Redhead

Shell Point Ramp update needed

Post by Redhead »

Anyone use the ramp in the past two weeks? I heard that the collection box was down, but the marina has been sold and new owners(?) soon. I want to get my boat in the water this weekend and this is my ramp of choice to get to my main spots.
SneakyBooger

Post by SneakyBooger »

Don't know about it being sold, but I was there this weekend and the ramp is still open with the honor box in place.

However, there are no fish there. :)
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Over 50 years experience. What do you want to know?
How you keep the lies from catching up with you.... :lol:
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

The honor box was down the other day but it was most likely stolen. So they probably got another one up pretty quickly.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The Shell Poinr Marina/Restaurant/Motel has been sold. Mr. Taff finally settled up with all the 40 odd outlaws and inlaws,then sold it himself. The honor box is down the ramp is not chained. There are not any no trespassing signs. Use your own judgement.
Answer to Chalks' question; I'm short, that makes it difficult for my critics to spot me. If they can't see me they can't disprove anything. :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The Shell Point Marina/Restaurant/Motel has been sold. Mr. Taff finally settled up with all the 40 odd outlaws and inlaws,then sold it himself. The honor box is down the ramp is not chained. There are not any no trespassing signs. Use your own judgement.
Answer to Chalks' question; I'm short, that makes it difficult for my critics to spot me. If they can't see me they can't disprove anything. :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

See'n double.... double post's.... Ole What's-His-Name must have been harder to take than we first thought :smt005
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".