Eddie Joe's Saturday at Lanark

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

EddieJoe

Eddie Joe's Saturday at Lanark

Post by EddieJoe »

Left the ramp about 7, and went to the cove at DI to net some menhaden. Just a few around, so we had to work hard. Then went to a buoy and sabikied up some thread herring and small blue runners.
Offshore to 60' to the first spot, and caught one nice gag on a flyline, only shorts on the bottom. To K-tower, where we dropped the runners down and pulled in many just undersized AJs. One BIG cobia came under the boat, and I offered him a nice runner. He chased it into my drift bag, and the runner raced around the lines and hid in the bag! The cobia tried to get him out while we were screaming but to no avail. By the time the runner was freed up the cobia was gone.

Later, we fed a AJ (accidentally) to a giant cuda, but still no legals. To another, 45' spot, where we caught a nice red and another gag. There, I had a big hit and began to horse up what I hoped was a gigantic gag. However, it pulled weird and I began to think....oh no, yes , a gigantic shark! The BIGGEST nurse shark I have ever seen in my life in Florida. At least 8' and 200+ lbs, but it fought like an anchor, not a fish. Released him after he wallowed at the boat for a minute. Really neat animal to see at that size.

Went in about 2:30 to beat the crowds. Oh yeah, seas 2 ft or so, with a running swell. Hot as blazes....managed to raise Mullet on the radio....looks like he did better than I did.

Luck,

EJ
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Eddie Joe, maybe not a lot of fish in the box, but it sounds like a great day out.
Hard luck for finding a clever runner, thats priceless. :)