Mud Cove?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bay Slammer

Mud Cove?

Post by Bay Slammer »

Will anyone tell me where mud cove is located? I know that it is in the area of alligator point but more specifics would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of trying to catch my first tarpon!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It is in the middle of the picture :)
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/ ... 8&Z=16&W=2
I did see two Tarpon yesterday in the channel going out of Mashes Sands, close to Bald Point :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Bay Slammer

Post by Bay Slammer »

Wevans, thanks for responding. Is mud cove inside alligator harbor and have you ever targeted tarpon there?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It is on the Gulf side, I don't fish for Tarpon but see them alot while fishing for Trout and Reds. I did hook one last year on a jig under a Cajun Thunder, scared the crap out of me and the wife when he hit about 20' away and then went airborn :oops: I had him on for about 1 maybe 2 seconds before being broke off :D But anyway, no I haven't fished it at all, been catching to many fish elsewere to go over there.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”