T Top

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Bigger boat would be more than $2100. :D
jka_gator

Post by jka_gator »

True, but there's only about a million ways to justify the bigger boat. :lol:
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

TF,

Call J.W. Hendley in Nashville, GA. He builds T-tops and about anything else you can think of for a boat. He is good at it too. If you can draw it he can build it. Try 229-686-7046. If this is not him this J.W. will give you his number. He lives about 3 miles East of Nashville....or you could call the Berrien GFC office and they will give you his number.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

I stopped in a couple times and looked at some of his stuff. It's kinda funny to see the big offshore boats sitting in this guys yard in Nashville, Georgia. He's built some rather large tuna and cobia towers that looked great. Like you said, it looks like if you can draw it, he can build it.

TF, he's less than an hour from you. I hadn't even thought about him since I don't go through that way anymore. You might want to check him out. At one time or another, I've seen just abut any size boat in his yard getting fitted for something - T-top, tower, etc....

Seatrout99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Will do. Thanks to both of you!

tf
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I finally got around to calling Mr. J.W. today. Said he could build me one for $1500.00. I'm taking the boat next week for him to measure. Will probably be 1st of next year before the top is built........for financial reasons! :cry: I could always start selling stuff though. Thanks for helping me out fellas.

tf
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

RC........sorry about not getting back to you....somtime my head falls off my shoulders and I have trouble getting it back on.....LOL I thought you were right at 20" my Uncle's is right at the 20" mark as well......
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Nashville, GA! That is right up the road from me. I will call him too, as I am in dire need of a t-top and a leaning post for that matter. I have a bimini that broke on the way in doing 30 kts. That scared the crud out of me.
Chug
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

chugbug,
Mr. JW sounds like a good fella. I'm gonna pull my boat over and let him measure and give me a firm estimate. Right now he's $700.00 cheaper than the lowest bid I have. He says he has some pics of his work and will stand behind it 100%. Now I've gotta come up with the $$.

tf
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I hear ya! That's the hard part. Do you know where he is located?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Nope. Call him on the # posted in this thread. He'll give you directions. He gave them to me a week ago and I can't remember. Somewhere near the courthouse I think.

tf
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Head out of Nashville like you are going towards Willacoochee/Douglas. He's about a mile out of town on the right.
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Is that where the Chapperel boat place used to be? I think I know where it is.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

I think Chapperal is still there in the industrial park. It's out past that on the right.