seatrout99

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

seatrout99

Post by trout fisher »

Michael is curious to know what kind of line you were using Saturday. The green line. Name, what lb., and where'd you get it? He's been bugging me to find out.

tf
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

ANDE, 15 lbs test, HI-VIS Green. I fish ANDE exclusively, so when Walmart discontinued carrying it this spring, I bought every spool I could find for about $3.00 each. I think I stopped in every Walmart from Destin to Savannah looking for the stuff (I think I already raided the Walmart in Moultrie, but you might check). Ocasionally, you can still find it on the shelves marked way down to $3.00. I'll check and see if I have another spool. What lbs test does he usually fish?

Maybe headed toward Keaton or Econfina this weekend. My Dad's work buddies are going to Keaton. What's your plan?

Seatrout99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

This will be a work weekend. I've got a real estate auction coming up and I've got to measure land and put up tract signs. Will be in Forsythe next weekend for the SDH shindig. Hopefully back on the water on the 10th.

I think he uses 14 or 17 mostly. I like 12. If I'm after a bigger fish than a trout or red, I'll tie on a good leader. Thanks for the info. I'll relay it to him. Hope ya'll have good luck this w/e.

tf