A Soft-Bait Case

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Aucilla
Site Sponsor

A Soft-Bait Case

Post by Aucilla »

I have a lot of soft baits and wanted to sort 'em and carry 'em around easily. So I went to Office Depot and got a zipper notebook.

I got some zip-lock pencil cases there to, and I sorted the baits and put them in those like this:

Some of these baits I won at the BBF social. I wish I knew the brand of one kind, but they just melted in here. And once they liquified, they didn't get solid again. I think it must have been the kind that advertised that they were super soft. It was not a major brand.

PS: Now you know why I want to get better at catchin' with this thingamajigs! :wink:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I use one of the ones from BPS. The zippers corroded long ago and I can't zip it up. Actually, I can't zip it up for other reasons too.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Chalk

Post by Chalk »

The only ones from the social that might "melt" is the Strike King 3X grubs....They don't play well with other brands... :thumbup:
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Chalk wrote:The only ones from the social that might "melt" is the Strike King 3X grubs....They don't play well with other brands... :thumbup:
Yes, Chalk. It did seem like a reaction to being in contact with another brand! A very strange reaction, too. How do you know all this stuff?? Happen to you too?

Tom Keels wrote:I use one of the ones from BPS. The zippers corroded long ago and I can't zip it up. Actually, I can't zip it up for other reasons too.
I had seen the idea somewhere, like on TV. But these are sliding zip locks and so won't corrode. And they are cheap and easily replaceable. Now, the zipper on the notebook might corrode. I even had the plastic [?] zipper on my scuba booties "corrode" in place, 'til I lubed it and pulled it with pliers......
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Yes...
kikstand454

Re: A Soft-Bait Case

Post by kikstand454 »

sorry to rebump this old post..... but the strike king 3x baits react badly with other plastics. mostly other baits. says so on the packaging. i can keep them pretty well in ziplocks and stuff but the best thing is their own packaging. i swear by these things for both fresh and salt water. love em. u can fish one or two all day... even in schoolie trout situations. u cant break em...hate it when pinfish eat my bass assasins and gulps. gettin harder to find though.... basically have to order them off bps.