Scalloping at St. Marks or Econfina

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Scalloping at St. Marks or Econfina

Post by seatrout99 »

Anybody been scalloping out of Econfina or St. Marks this week? Headed down tomorrow and just curious how it's been this week.

Seatrout99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

It sucks!! Stay home!! Cut grass, weed the flower beds, erect a flag pole. Don't go to Econfina! :lol: Don't pay me any attention, I'm just jealous. :cry:

tf
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Actually I'm thinking of trying St. Marks. Still undecided. I'm a little concerned about the weather. I don't like that buzzin' noise. :D

ST
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Remember not to try to raise the VHF antenna if you hear "the buzz". Can you recall the sparks shooting off my fingertips?? Hope you have good luck and blue skies.

tf
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Thanks. I saw your post about the T-top. Your boat would look cool with a T-top, and it would give you storage space for rods, electronics, etc..... You would need grommet openings in the T-top to use your console rod holders, but that's not a big deal. Later.

ST99
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Couldn't let this turn into an all trout thread. Got some work to do at the farm this weekend. Actually wife has some Pampered Chef party from 10-1 tomorrow. I have the kids. It will be easier riding around the farm in the truck than trying to take a 4 yr. old and 1 yr. old out on the boat.

Glad luck Sea this weekend. Probably be the best weekend in a month. :D
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Went to Econfina. Actually took the 4 and 6 year old. Picked up four gallons in a few hours, but we got wet and had some fun. They actually got in the water with their life jackets on with a mask and snorkel. They could spot them on the bottom and then I would dive for them and they would take them to the boat. They had a blast. The tide was out and we stayed shallow so they could have some fun. Came home and had broiled scallops, salad, and baked potatoes. Well worth the trip.

Trout Fisher, they are still there. Just a little farther (mile or so) out from the last spot we looked at two weeks ago from. We stayed in shallower with the kids and found more than I wanted to clean by myself.

Reel Country, I wish I had gotten your post before Saturday. The stoneware baking dish from Pampered Chef is awesome. It's like a stone pizza pan, and it's great for cooking biscuits,pizza, chicken, fish - anything you want to bake and brown. We have some friends who used to give those parties so my wife has some of the stuff. The stone baking tray is the most useful thing I've seen.

Later. Unfortunately the price of playing on Saturday is working on Sunday.

Seatrout99
jka_gator

Post by jka_gator »

The stoneware is awesome. Even I can cook on it without burning anything. But how do you do the fish on it?

-J
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Coat filets with a little olive oil, season, and broil. I used a catch pan or foil on the bottom rack underneath for the juices. It's also good for heating up left-over fried fish.

ST99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

st99
Great news! I'm glad ya'll had a big time. Can't wait 'til my gals get big enough to enjoy being on or in the water all day. Have you heard any fishing reports? Just wondering if it's "off" for everyone. Maybe it's my technique......or lack thereof!

tf
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

I fished very little and caught even less. :sleep: My kids' attention span was much better with the scallops than with the trout.

Seatrout99
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

SeaT,

Wife bought one of the pizza stones. I think that's the name. It was highly recommended she said.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

That's it. If you have kids, you'll use it alot. Great to cook/heat up anything frozen - french fries, pizza, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, etc....... Actually works on grown-up food, too. :lick:

ST99