St Marks 6/25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dave7

St Marks 6/25

Post by dave7 »

Short trip, but a good one. In at the LH at 7:30 and fished a falling tide until about 11:30. Tried the East River first, hoping to get some water flowing around those bars. We're still new at this salt business, and after reading some reports about hooking up with sharks earlier out there this week, we were hopin' for the chance at one. Just a catfish in there, so we moved east to some grass around the corner from the LH. The wind was pretty good out of the NE and simply drifting was faster then my little trolling motor could move. Let the boat go - did a drift almost out to the Bird Rack (at least that's what I think that is...the GPS seemed to thing so). Caught all sizes of trout along the way. Did another drift in the same general area before it was time to head in.

Ended up with a 19", 15", 15" and a 17" and lots of shorts. All released for next year :). They seemed to like a clear DOA shrimp and a white curly tailed jig under CT.
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Very good report ! Was there much grass floating this morning ?
dave7

Post by dave7 »

Nope not any to speak of. Lots of chop though with that wind.
FindingNemo

Post by FindingNemo »

Sounds like a good day chop and all. I was navigating my desk at the office. Didn't catch a thing!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds good Dave-
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.