Tom Keels

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Tom Keels

Post by trout fisher »

Congrats on winning the tourney. Those two keepers paid off, huh. We finished the day about the time you did. No keeper fish in the boat. Some friends of mine went out 5 miles beyond the racks. Said they were in 18 ft. of water. They caught a limit of trout and kept 12 rock bass of good size and one blue. Next trip, I'm gonna concentrate on the fish. I think we've got enough scallops for this year. I figured the trout would be in a little closer due to the cooler temps we've had. Guess I had it figured wrong. What depth did your keepers come from??

tf
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Thanks for the good words. I had figured the same as you. We concentrated on 3 - 5 feet. We caught all our fish on pinfish under cajun thunders. We lost and missed a few good fish, but after the tide finished going out, we just could not get a decent bite.

I started to go to some 15 foot stuff I know but elected to get closer to the river and try for a red. But either way it work out for us. Tough day of fishing.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Well done Tom, its extra nice to be successful on a tough day. :)

Does the NFGFC have a cummulative competition ?
Such as Angler of the Year, being awarded to the Member with the most Tournament points ?

Or are all the Tournaments stand alone one-offs ?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

We do have a points race. The current standings can be veiwed here

http://www.nfgfc.org/tournaments/points.php
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Thanks Tom, I did have a look on the NFGFC site before I asked the question, but I missed those lists. :-?

Do John Duque and Sonny Blanton post on here or the FS Forum ?

I had a sneaking suspicion you would be there or there abouts on the inshore listing. ;)

Looks quite a close race.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Josh Duque Is COBIACATCHER from the FS forum. He is Steve Stinson's nephew. Sonny Blanton is my Father in Law and he always fishes the inshore tourneys with me so he and I should be tied at the end of the year. He doesn't post on here though. I don't think Josh will be back in town before the season is over so I still have got a chance to catch Steve.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

congrads Tom on taking first place sounds like you know were to find the fish.......I am looking forward to fishing with you sometime keep up the good work........
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Tom,
How are the points calculated? Is it based on species,size,overall weight,coming back alive?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Very Easy...

First Place in a category- Every member on the boat gets 3 Points

Second Place in a category- Every member on the boat gets 2 Points

Third Place in a category- Every member on the boat gets 1 Point

Say your team gets first in trout and second in redfish. Every member on the boat gets 5 points.
Tom Keels
Site Founder