"No Wake" for Econfina

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pops
Site Sponsor

"No Wake" for Econfina

Post by pops »

According to the Taco Times the county commission voted last week to draft an ordinance extending the "no wake" zone from the concrete bridge to three -quarters of a mile from the mouth of the river.
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Most likely due to the crash earlier in the year :roll: seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me :hammer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

pops....Where is the concrete bridge? I've never seen one on that river except Hwy 98. Is it above the launch site?. :)
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

i suppose they are speaking of the bridge on 98
GO GATORS!!
PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Post by PinFishKing »

There is an old one lane concrete bridge between the Econfina campground and the ramp. My guess is it is about 1/4 to 1/2 of a mile up river from the ramp. It is on the dirt road that you use to take the "back way" to Indian Mound. (Can't remember the name of the road) The highway 98 bridge is about 5 miles from the ramp. I don't think they are talking about that one unless they are trying to slow down canoes.
You just can't fix stupid.
PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Post by PinFishKing »

Correction - Hickory Mound.
southren4evr

Post by southren4evr »

How in the heck can Tay;or co. comm do any thing on the Econfina river thats landing is state park land and it the rest is a federal reserve i thought ..Wouldn't the fish and game comm have a say so over it..Its the bridge that goes to hickoty mounds
southren4evr

Post by southren4evr »

How in the heck canthe Taylor co. REDNECK klan do any thing on the Econfina river thats landing is state park land and it the rest is a federal reserve i thought ..Wouldn't the fish and game comm have a say so over it..Its the bridge that goes to hickoty mounds
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Sounds like to me they are gonna take that little stretch before you get to the docks / shortcut out which is about 200yds out which is fine by me, no need to run that unless lighting is chasing ya...but the wreck was about a 1/4 mile up river from the last no wake sign...like everyone else who makes our decisons, they probably have never seen the econfina and are just going by what they hear,they probably put a few pieces of paper on the wall , throw a dart and thats how they determine our new regulations ! If they ran out with us on low tide a few times they'd be scared sh*tless and it would be no wake to the tripod...
PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Post by PinFishKing »

If they want to help, they should put up some channel markers while they are putting up no wake signs.
southren4evr

Post by southren4evr »

What Tripod after Dennis
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

what this river really needs is a dredged chanal from the landing to pass the tripod.
GO GATORS!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

But then a lot more people would be willing to fish over there pops :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”