Icky Feenee

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Icky Feenee

Post by trout fisher »

Whew!! Got blown away (literally) at Econfina Saturday. Wind was howling. Some BIG waves out past the racks. The scuppers on my self bailer leak so I had them plugged. We took a wave over the bow and almost lost her. I got the plugs out as the second one came in. Shoes, tackle box and other assorted items floated out. Bow was almost straight up and I gunned it. Water sucked out and we spun around to pick up the debris. Got well inshore before I throttled down. Those waves came from nowhere!! I guess it was a sign to fish shallower. The bite had been slow and mainly trash. Picked up some nice trout and rock bass in 4-5 ft. of water. Got a limit of scallops on the way in. Scalloped Sunday with the nieces and nephews. My kids are too small. Had no trouble getting a limit. Decided not to try it Monday. We had to clean up the condo and pack the car. Gave the ProMaster a "shonuff" bath yesterday evening. Had corrosion under the cowling. I'm just proud to be here with ya'll!

tf
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Dang, cuzz, you are living dangerously. Called you on the radio Sunday afternoon around 5:00 pm. Never did hear you. We came down late for a short scalloping trip. Filled a 48 qt ice chest in a couple hours. Came in just ahead of the storm. Saw your boat already on the trailer by the condo. Glad to hear you didn't have to tread water. It got a little rough late Sunday too. I had to outrun the lightning.

Seatrout99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

ST,

Sorry we missed you. You should have stopped by on your way out. We had boston butts and ribs on the smoker. A little low country to boot! Sho was good. I have been in rough water before but I was aware of it. It was a little rough and wew were packing up to come in. The two that swamped us were unbelievable.

tf
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

tf, glad to hear you got back OK. :D

Reading the posts on these Forums, it seems everybody gets a scare now and then.
Sort of "a wake up call". It never pays to become complacent with Mother Nature.
Fortunately, you have the experience to cope with two freak waves, I bet quite a few boaters don,t.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Thanks Cranfield. I've been meaning to tell ya that I've been showing commercial properties to a jolly old chap from England....and his bride. They make and market medical products and one line they produce only sells well in the U.S. They want to move that operation here. They're a bit hard to please. Some of the structures I've shown them haven't had "proper" bathrooms. What is that exactly? :lol:

tf
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Its hard to guess their idea of a "proper bathroom". :-?

My wife will shower on holiday, but at home she prefers her bath.
Perhaps they want a nice big bath. :D

In the UK, showers are very much an "add-on" to the bath and not an "instead of".

Don,t take any old five pond notes (they are the big white ones) :D
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

TF
sorry to hear about your bad luck, sure glad all is well now
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Sounds like I miised one heck of a meal, but I had a boat load of kids with me. Will be down again next weekend if this weather blows on through.
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Whew, glad all is well, been there.

Heading down Thursday for our last scalloping trip, hope a few are left.
Going out of Econfina.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

rx

They are there!