St. Marks 9/21/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 9/21/02

Post by rx fisher »

Today was a gift, tried a hard as I could to go Friday, just didn't happen.
NOAA said 20Kt winds on Saturday until yesterday afternoon.

Left St. Marks 8am with wife and son, tough start, guy next to me launched his boat on ramp, a little to eager a guess.

Weather was wonderful, clear skies and nice breeze( sometimes a little too nice)

Bite was slow, a few catfish, couple undersize trout. we were out near Black rock when ,a little excitement, a 4 foot gar took a pin fish. I guess there is a little bit of fresh water in the gulf from Hannah.

Tried working the oyster bars at high tide at the mouth of the river for reds, ( are they only a wake at dawn?). Enjoyed the dolphins working the bait fish but couldn't tie on to any keepers. Last cast of the day hooked up with a couple of pound jack on my light tackle, enjoyed the pull.

Couple of weeks it should be fun.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I'm just happy someone's fishing. You're right. A few more weeks, but it's killin' me not to go. Trying to get some browny points in with the wife. She'll be a widow every weekend from Oct. to Feb.!! Dang I love this time of year! 8)

tf