St Marks 10/20

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sundown
Site Sponsor

St Marks 10/20

Post by sundown »

Went by the light house this morning still running my lights...Nother words got a good start !
Had planned to head directly to deep water but decided to stay on the flats till the sun burnt the scattered clouds off...There was a nice chop down outside the rock garden.Wind started picking up..
I threw a spook for awhile with nary a rise....quite a bit of grass so I headed out to the stake line to look things over...By the time I got there the wind had picked up and some pretty nice waves starting up..
To sum it up, I trolled from 8:30 or so till 4 and had three strikes..first one nearly took rod away from me..did get one of my favorite veteran stretches....felt like a mighty big grouper..cut my 3 ft leader bout half way up....
Right at 12 caught a 32 inch gag and at three caught one 21 inches..and that was the ball game..About the time I decided to call the dogs, the water and wind settled down nicely...way it goes !
Still beats working in the yard !
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

That's a banner day compared to painting the house, or pressure washing the driveway.
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sounds like a nice day at the office..... :thumbup: :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Sounds Good- how deep were you when you were trolling?
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.