Offshore Keaton 27 Dec

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Kai Lover

Post by Kai Lover »

A cold start at dawn hovering at 25 degrees, but calm winds. Seas 2-3 ft. Dead low tide when we departed. First fish in the box on first troll through the #'s with the new xmas Stretch 30s 21 miles out. We picked up a few more then the bite slowed around 1030.

Moved to another area a few miles North in 44.5' and using LYs we had a fish or two each drift. Ended the day with one short of a limit (14 total fish). Only had 4-6 throwbacks. Most fish were 24-26". Big fish of the day was a 32". Rhett said I was lucky, since I had the 4 biggest fish in the box and seemed to catch the most. I kept telling him it was my red Santa suit plus I was in my domain (my boat).

Back at the dock at 1530. Fished cleaned and home without any broken parts or lost tackle. 73.4 miles logged on the GPS. Yamaha burned 32 gallons.

Good day on the water. Tight Lines -- Kai Lover <'////><

Tom how do you post pics to your site?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Good report. Post the pics just like you did on Captain Ken's site.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Kai Lover

Post by Kai Lover »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kai Lover on 2002-01-06 10:31 pm ]</font>
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Kai Lover, Good report and some really super pictures, very clear, really shows the markings on the fish.
max kirkland
Elite Senior Member

Post by max kirkland »

nice pic's