a water problem

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fish on!!
Site Sponsor

a water problem

Post by fish on!! »

Recently I was faced with a dilemma. I moved from a house into an apartment. My new home has an auto wash area but no hose which could be hooked up to my boat engine to run fresh water through after a day on the flats. The solution came in the form of Lake Munson. The county has built a nice park and ramp on Lake Munson. Lake Munson is just off Crawfordville Highway about a mile or so south of Capital Circle. It is on the way home from the gulf and I can leave my boat on the trailer, back it down in the water and run some freshwater through it for a few minutes. Then off to my apt to finish washing it down and have a :beer:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

You mentioned in a recent post that you had put in at the fort. I'm sure it would not hurt to flush your motor but (imo) if you put in and take out at the fort you've effectively flushed with fresh water. If you use the lighthouse pool or some other ramp closer to the gulf it would be good to flush.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
fish on!!
Site Sponsor

Post by fish on!! »

When I put in at the fort I'm not overly concerned with flushing the motor even though I usually still do. Its primarily when I go out of mashes sands or other more salty places. :)
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I would rather leave saltwater in there than flush with Lake Munson water. :oops:
fish on!!
Site Sponsor

Post by fish on!! »

I wouldnt.

The county has apparently spent about 13 million in the last few years on a water restoration project.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

fish on!! wrote:I wouldnt.

The county has apparently spent about 13 million in the last few years on a water restoration project.
It was a joint County/City project. It's still a stormwater facility. It collects 60% of the stormwater runoff for the entire city, and a good portion of the southern part of the county. I know what's in that water. I'll find a hose.
What was I supposed to do today?
devans850
Site Sponsor

Post by devans850 »

That water may be terrible, but if ya want to have a heck of a day bass fishin that place is one of the best in the country. I've been there and caught 30-40 bass in a day there. :-D :thumbup: :thumbup:
JUST SHUT UP AND FISH!
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

As long as you throw them back and don't eat them your good. :o