Good and simple way to cook grouper

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Good and simple way to cook grouper

Post by Redfish Jim »

Hey y'all. I like eating fish about as much as catching them so I've tried several of the recipes posted here. I feel compelled to contribute back even if it's rather modest and simple. This is one of my all time favorite ways to cook grouper and it's real easy. It also works well for redfish or any firm flesh fish. This is more of a concept than recipe so I don't really know precise quantities. Just do enough for the amount of fish you're cooking. If there's any hard and fast rule and real work involved, it is to chop that onion up very fine.

Ingredients:
grouper filets
mayonaise
onion (chopped very finely - don't take no shortcuts with this part of it)
salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning)
parmesan cheese
fresh squeezed lemon juice
butter, oil or pam spray

1. preheat your oven to 375
2. line a baking dish with tin foil and oil with olive oil, butter, pam, etc. so the fish won't stick
3. place filets in pan and season with lemon juice and salt and pepper or other seasoning of your choice.
4. mix the mayonaise and onion to make a paste and spread this evenly across your filets.
5. sprinkle a nice even layer of parmesan across the top
6. cook in the oven until the fish gets flaky (thickness will determine the amount of time but usually around 20 minutes for average size grouper)
7. Turn your oven on broil and let it go for a couple or three minutes to brown the cheese on top.
8. Take it out and enjoy :lick: .