any one intrested in a custom billystix rod{cheap)

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

billy mc daniel

any one intrested in a custom billystix rod{cheap)

Post by billy mc daniel »

:lol:
hi guys
i just recieved a good amt of rod set ups just in time for xmas, i can build these rods at
a very good price to any one who would like to have his or her custom rod, the variety that i have , is pretty good at this time. bait casters, spin rods ,also have a few telescopic rods 7 ft or better.
if you would be intrested, please e mail me for any info that you need.
looking to hear from all.
good fishing
ps guess i am a little behind times on that tica reel, oh well thats what happens with old age?
billy
billystix custom rods :sleep: :P
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Billy,

I haven't fished with their reels (YET). After what I've heard, I'm going to try one.

What length rod do you recommend for flats fishing? I throw alot of grubs - under a cajun thunder and without - and plugs - some topwater and some sinking. I'm trying to find a couple versatile rod/reel combos that will work for everything. (I take way too much crap with me now - probably 5 or 6 rods each time I go.) Right now I mainly using a 7 1/2 Shakespeare Titanium/Shimano 2000 spinning combo, a 7 ft Berkley Flats Intruder/Ambassador 5500C Combo, and a 7 1/2 Shakespeare Titanium/Quantum 310 combo. Usually fish 8 - 12 lbs test line - 15 lbs test max.

Any Suggestions??

ST99
billy mc daniel

TO MUCH (CRAP)

Post by billy mc daniel »

:roll:
HI GUY
YOU DONE ASKED THE WRONG CAT ABOUT NOT MANY RODS?
I TAKE AT LEAST 8 RODS , BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON.
I HAVE 210 ROD AND REEL SET UPS SO IF I DONT TAKE 8 THEN I NEVER GET TO USE THEM ALL?
NOW TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
I THINK YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK -7 FT MED LIGHT WILL DELIVER GRUBS TOP WATER MED DEPTH SINKERS?
7 FT IS ALSO A MUST FOR CAJUN THUNDER BUT I WOULD MOVE UP TO MED-- MED HVY FOR CAJUN. ALSO YOU WOULD BE READY FOR A LITTLE BIGGER FISH.
I DO NOT LIKE ANY BRAID OR POWER PRO, I DO HIGHLY RECOMEND
FIRE LINE WITH FLOURO CARB LEADER.
WHEN USING TOP WATER PLUGS, IF IT HAS A SPINNER UP FRONT THEN BY ALL MEANS USE HEAVY LEADER AND NO O RING, TIE STRAIGHT TO THE PLUG AND TIGHT, YOU WANT THE LEADER TO STAND OUT OUT STRAIGHT SO AS NOT TO GET IN THE WAY OF THE SPINNER.
THE FIRE LINE ON THE TICA IS GOT TO BE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED WHITE BREAD.
AND OF COURSE YOU NEED A CUSTOM BILLYSTIX TO TOP IT OFF?
THANKS
BILLY :P :P :P
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

I'm leaning in that direction. I didn't have good luck with the fireline. Got cut several times. I'm partial to ANDE. I have just always had confidence in it. I'm really leaning towards the 7 1/2 rods for the flats. My 7 1/2 Shakespaeares are med-lts. They whip a good fish fairly quickly. My Berkley 7 ft is a med, but it is fairly stiiff. Actually works great on grouper with 15 lbs test line. I'll be in touch. Get you to build me the perfect flats rod for my new tica reel. :D