Up a creek

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pennfish

Up a creek

Post by pennfish »

My 8yr old daughter and I spent time on a pond up a creek yesterday where the reds have been hanging out, most of the larger reds have moved out with the heat but Rachel managed 4 reds up to 20 in on shrimp under a cork :thumbup: .While she wes fishing I decided to tie on a topwater plug that Tincan had given me some time back, the the action of this thing is like a Topdog but better and has a very pronouced click to it(no name on it ) within about 45min three trout hit it like a freight train, it was amazing how hard they hit it WOO HOO :thumbup: two 3 pounders and a 5 to the boat, real fat and fought hard. What a great morning to spend with Rachel MEMORIES TO BE SHARED FOREVER :thumbup:
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

That's what it's all about!! :thumbup: Sonuds like you got a partner for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Sounds like you both did well. Those sound like some really nice trout. Topwater is the best. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

5 pound trout.....WTG.... :thumbup: :thumbup:
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I love the way a trout hits topwater. It's more fun than bass fishin'. WTG Penn, nice catch Rachel. Do I hear trout and redfish on the grill?
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

That is great! Love taking my daughter fishing too :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Glad the bait worked for ya, Steve. :thumbup: :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good times, Pennfish. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
pennfish

Post by pennfish »

Thanks fer the plug T.C. I hope I dont lose it any time soon, and thats my biggest trout yet,I think I will do more trophy trout fishing because it gave me such a rush. Joel , just got home from church and fixin to start a rue for the gumbo tonight Hummm think I will add sausage ,redfish,oysters I picked up yesterday,shrimpI got for 2.00 a pound off the boat last week, green onion, bellpepper,celery, yellow onion,a pound of crab claw meat, and some okra we grew last year :lick: gotta go im gettin hungry :-D
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

TROUT ON TOPWATER = AS GOOD AS IT GETS!

Can't beat sharing that with your daughter!

Thanks for report! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Saw 5 trout today at the Seatrout weighin,all 5 lbs or less and 27" long. You musta' had some whoppers.
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Good report. Great day. :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Very good. :thumbup:
pennfish

Post by pennfish »

The plug TC gave me was a speckled trout skitterwalk, It didnt have a name on it but I saw some at WM and bought 3 now Im set :thumbup: :D also bought a MirrOlure Popa Dog any one use one of these