So it appears as if the East Side is looking good so far.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mojokoko

So it appears as if the East Side is looking good so far.

Post by mojokoko »

I am thinking about heading out Saturday at St marks. Most likely I will put out at the Fort in the early morning. From reading all these posts it seems
as if the trout seem to be around the Easy side. I was pondering on going back into some of those creeks depending on the tide or chillin around the flats untill the tide comes in.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I have tentative similar plans, I'll be listening to Channel 18 for BBFN chatter ... Sound Good?
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Channel 18? *I know stupid question*..

Well if your around that area I will be in a 16 foot Carolina Skiff with another guy.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I'll probably fish out of Bottoms on Saturday "looks to windy ta ride over to Keaton" :-D I always monitor CH 16 and switch to a working channel "14 or 18" to talk to someone :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Wevans, don't be misled into thinking the fish are only east of the lighthouse. I fished east and west last weekend with decent results in each direction. I found more easy fish (schooly trout on the flats) west, but all the big trout and few reds I found were to the west. Most of the trout came on flukes or jigs. Good luck
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Well, I will be fishing the Shell Point area this weekend. There is some good fish there right now, and I have some more areas I want to check on. I may run to the East on Tuesday. See yall out there. :smt006
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

I'm not going at all, I want to stay home and work all weekend ! Dosen't that sound better than a day of fishing !
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Frank Bradfield wrote:I'm not going at all, I want to stay home and work all weekend ! Dosen't that sound better than a day of fishing !
Frank...don't even joke about a thing like that. 8)
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Showboat, even when I don't find any fish, I still fish to the West of the Lighthouse :-D I know the area and don't have ta dodge ROCKS :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

wevans wrote:Showboat, even when I don't find any fish, I still fish to the West of the Lighthouse :-D I know the area and don't have ta dodge ROCKS :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Rock dodgin just adds to the excitement. :wink: :-D
What was I supposed to do today?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

One day ya'll will figure it out. Rocks are where the fish are.