Water temps

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Lester C
Site Sponsor

Water temps

Post by Lester C »

I have been looking for a site that tracks water temps. The Keaton Beach sonde ( http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.p ... tion=ktnf1) is a great site for all other weather data, but it does not record water temp because it is not a buoy. The Pensacola sonde tracks water temp, but it is too far away from Apalachee Bay. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

There is a water temp map on the weather page.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Lester C
Site Sponsor

Post by Lester C »

Tom, I am familiar with that info but the map is not very precise for the area and it does not show recent history. For example, the NOAA sondes and buoys record all data hourly and their charts show the trends for the previous 5 days. E.g. the Pensacola buoy (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.p ... tion=42039)
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

You could try the data sonde bouys as well. There is one for Alligator Harbor and one for Cedar Key. They are in the water with real time. There isn't one close to Keaton that I know of. I have found the color map to be very accurate.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

being real new to this salt water fishing, what range of water tempature is best for trout fishing.