St Marks Family Outing

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BuggMann222

St Marks Family Outing

Post by BuggMann222 »

Went fishing with wife, daughter and daughter's long term guy. Wanted to surf fish St George this weekend but with 2 women and no facilities that was out. :roll: Hit St Marks instead.

Left Shell Island Fish Camp about 9:00 New Time :sleep: . Got to the West Flats #2 stake about 10:00(pontoon boat and not in a hurry). Started fishing and waiting for the tide change. In 4 foot I could see my bubble gum jig pretty well. Ladies fished live shrimp. Guys, jigs to start with. Wife catches first fish. Short trout. Got a few hits but no more fish before the tide change.

Wife and daughter caught a few more shorts after the change. Daughters guy and I kept trying artificials of all sorts with little success. I finally caught one 16" keeper, on live shrimp, I gave up on artificials. Daughter got one to the boat that was dead on 15". Since 'The Man' frowns on using my law stick to measure the catch we threw it back. Only other thing caught was a couple of spined puffer fish. Daughter's guy caught one as big as a football. Biggest I've ever seen, maybe I should get out more.

I had a chum bag over the side with fish pellets in it. We kept glass minnows around the boat. Looked like 1" to 1.5". Lost a couple of jigs to teeth. Had several plastics chomped in half. Wonder what that could have been. Didn't see any lady fish jumping.

About 2:30 the wind blew us off the flats so I took the kids on a sight seeing tour up the St Marks. We had a ball. :P It was a beautiful day with great company.
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Nice report. :thumbup: Sounds like the Spanish were cutting you.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like a good family outing. Nole is probably right about the spanish.
What was I supposed to do today?
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Yeah, nice day with the family. Sounds like y'all caught a few and had some fun. That's what counts.
Thanks for the report. :D