Any reports from St. Joe Bay?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

A. Mulvey

Any reports from St. Joe Bay?

Post by A. Mulvey »

I was wondering how everyone did fishing St. Joe Bay over the weekend? Also, how's the surf fishing been at Cape San Blas? :beer: :beer: :o
Tight lines screaming drags!!!!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Was there last weekend and didn't do very well. Although, I was more wedding planning than fishing. All I had time to do was a little surf-fishing and didn't catch much. One gentleman told me he had caught some pompano in the previous week, but I couldn't find them with shrimp or sandfleas on jigs or plain hooks. I've heard there are plenty of trout and Macks in the Bay, but I didn't even get a chance to try fishing the Bay so I can't confirm. There were a lot of dolphins in the Gulf, so something must have been out there. Good luck
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I went to my dentist yesterday am, and he said they went to st joe bay saturday and had a lot of luck with the spanish macks also.

Second hand, but for what it is worth....

Hooked :D
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

See my post under Littoral's report. Fish the deep channels around Black's Island for Spanish and Flounder.

- Steve Stinson