St. Marks 11/3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 11/3

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Got there about 9:30am. Boats were all over the bars west of the lighthouse. There were also boats concentrated at the mouth of the east river. I never saw anybody bring any fish into any of these boats? Water clarity was not too good on this side of the lighthouse, and after a few hours with only a flounder, and catfish i went east of the lighthouse.

The water was crystal clear. I tried up i some of the creeks, and saw or heard other boats back there, but never heard anyone catch anything, and neither did I. By then it was 1:30. Moved out to the flats 4 ft of water. From 2 - 4 I caught probably at least 30 trout. 26 were 14"er's, or smaller. The biggest was 19". Caught a few on shrimp, but the pins, grunts, etc. made it very trying to fish with live shrimp. The surface was very smooth, but I didn't have any luck with the topwater. The answer......candy corn - sea shad SA's, no equalizer.

Battered with Italian breadcrumbs....